our group members Mariam Pirtskhalava, Luka todua and out project manager Alexander Sharmazanashvili presented at ATLAS SOFTWARE & COMPUTING INFRASTRUCTURE GROUP Meeting.
They presented Cppcheck / Coverity Scan
Processes Development Status, informed attendees about cppcheck scanning process and it\'s general steps, spoke about automatization process of manual work and spoke in details about process\'s steps:
- To avoid massively manual work we are working on automation of steps above
- We have developed script codes for 1-2-3 steps and now they can run by one
- Now fighting with 4
- We would like to read defects and make their preliminary filtration not to
annoy authors with Jira tickets of false positives
After general discussion about CppCheck, they started to present the latest achievements about Coverity, which was stopped in January 2019 and came back in October 2019 on new machine aibuild002.cern.ch.
- Coverity in ATLAS was stopped in January 2019
- Before that day scanning processes were workable and we were doing weekly
scans generating .html table with a list of newly detected defects
- Athena full scan was taking ~30 hours on voatlas405 machine
- Coverity came back in October 2019 on new machine aibuild002.cern.ch
- Now we are trying to re-start Coverity scans
After their presentation they got feedbacks and comments on these topics, they discussed some problems about coverity\'s new machine and it;s start up.